The requirements to become a club member are:
- You Should take a class.
- You must attend a new member orientation meeting. These meetings are held quarterly at the club.
- You must attend 2 regular club membership meetings. These are held on the first Tuesday of each month. Club meetings are not held during the month of July or December.
- You must complete 16 hours of classroom assisting.
- You must participate in 2 club projects (i.e. assisting with one of our trials, run-throughs, demonstrations, club greeter, or other projects within the club).
- You must turn in a completed membership application to the training director, complete with at least two recommendation letters from club members and the membership dues.
- The application will then be read at the next board meeting.
- The application will be read at the next club business meeting
- It will be voted on by the membership at the following business meeting.
New Member Orientation meetings are held 4 times a year. Learn how to become a member of our club. The meetings are held at the Richmond Dog Obedience Club. For meeting dates call RDOC at (804)278-9032.
We encourage our trainees to become club members. This process includes several participation requirements but provides a great opportunity to meet a variety of club members and gain a greater appreciation for how the club functions
RDOC membership meetings are held the first Tuesday of every month at the RDOC building at 7:00 pm. Club meetings are not held during the month of July and December. We welcome visitors.
The membership dues for an individual totals $35 per year ($25 for dues, $10 for an Obedience Trophy fee) or $55 for member and spouse ($35 dues and $20 Trophy Fee).